Farmers After Hours’ next series, Boosting Your Bottom Line, will build on the financial foundation laid during the previous series, Financial Fundamentals and Profitability. This iteration will explore business planning, connect individuals with grant or loan sources and explain USDA resources and programming.
Live panels flank a series of five mini-sessions where subject-matter experts dive into resources and information to bolster farms and agribusinesses. Each live panel allows participants to join anonymously and ask questions of presenters.
Tune in at 7 p.m. on Wednesdays to catch fresh content, or catch up by checking out MFB’s YouTube channel. Here’s an overview of our next series:
- Jan. 20 — Live farmer panel; register via Webex
- Jan. 27 — Building Your Business Plan; GreenStone
- Feb. 3 — Exploring Funding Sources
- Feb. 10 — Decoding USDA Programs
- Feb. 17 — Tips for Low Interest Loan Applicants; GreenStone
- Feb. 24 — Grant Dollars: The Do’s and Don’ts
- March 3 — Live expert panel; register via Webex
The Farmers After Hours series is a special project of the Michigan Foundation for Agriculture, in partnership with GreenStone Farm Credit Services. The Michigan Foundation for Agriculture, a 501(c)3 formed by Michigan Farm Bureau, has a mission of positively contributing to the future of Michigan agriculture through leadership and educational programming.