The Promotion and Education (P&E) Committee has the responsibility of providing educational opportunities and experiences for Farm Bureau members and selected non-members (students, consumers, potential members, and others) to the end that Farm Bureau and agriculture are benefited.
Appointees to the P&E Committee should be interested in promoting agriculture and Farm Bureau through promotional and/or educational programs. They should enjoy working with a variety of people, have the ability to communicate, and be willing to assist in the organization of people and events. Dedication and a positive outlook are important characteristics for members of this committee.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify specific, local agricultural and/or Farm Bureau needs that can be addressed through the Promotion and Education Committee.
- Utilize the Promotion and Education Committee handbook to help determine projects to be done on a county level.
- Develop projects and programs that fulfill the identified needs and submit them for approval to the county Farm Bureau board.
- Attend monthly county Farm Bureau Board Meetings.
- Hold 2-3 committee meetings per year on a needed basis.
- Follow-up with project leaders and committee members to ensure project completion.